Starting a Winery or Vineyard?
If you are interested in starting a winery or vineyard, click here for more information.
A grower or winery can NOT sell grape vines without a nursery license. Click here for more information.
Click here to watch the "How grapevine virus diseases spread" video
The most important service to the WAWGG membership is the need for continuing education for a growing industry focused on premium quality.
To fulfill this need, each year WAWGG produces the annual meeting, grower seminars and classes and provides continuing education to growers at all levels – industry newcomers and established veterans.
The WAWGG web site is just one way that wine grape growers can ensure that they know the latest information about important viticulture topics and the latest technology.
Click any link below to go to the grower topic page:
• Clean Plants
• Drift Monitoring
• Get Set for Bloom, WSU Workshop Review
• Grape Contracts
• Grape Cost of Production Calculator
• Grapevine Powdery Mildew Updates
• Heat Units Graph
• "How grapevine virus diseases spread" video
• Organic Wine: Oversight, Labeling & Trade
(USDA National Organic Program)
• PACA - The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act
• Pest Management
• Soil Fumigation
• Starting a Winery or Vineyard
USDA/ARS Grape Research
USDA 2011 Washington Vineyard Acreage Report
• Vinewise - The Washington Guide to Sustainable Viticulture
• Weather-Cold Hardiness
• Sampling Guide for Nutrient Assessment
• WSDA Pesticide Applicator Advisory
• WSDA Guidelines for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Removal and Decontamination
• Genetic Structure and Domestication History of the Grape
• Appellation Cornell "How close are we to crown gall-free nursery stock?" April 2012